PAN Card related FAQs

Is this necessary to have a PAN of minor for investment in mutual funds on behalf of minor ? Can the status of Minor's PAN be changed when it attainaing majority ? If Yes ,then what is the steps to change it ?

A PAN Number is a good idea if the Minor has a source of income. While it's not required, it is a requirement for anyone who has a source to earn.

You can submit a "Change Request Form" when a Minor turns 18. The PAN number will remain the same but the adult PAN Card will include a photo.

You can correct your PAN Card by filling out a 'PAN Request Form' on the official website of NSDL and UTI Technology Services Limited. They are authorized to do so.

Any type of PAN Card change requires that you provide the required documents as per the change request form.

Click the link to download the PAN Card Request for Change.

NSDL PAN Service

What does PAN or PAN Card or Permanent Account Number mean?

Is PAN Card required for IPO application?

Is a minor eligible for applying a PAN Card?

Is it necessary for PAN card holder to file taxes?

How to apply for PAN Card?

What is the cost of a new or updated PAN card, changing PAN card information, or receiving a second copy of a PAN card?

In how many days I can get my PAN card?

What are the required documents to apply for IPO application?

Can someone open multiple Demat account with one PAN number?

Does NRIs need a PAN number to buy public issue shares? What are the alternatives?

How to track PAN Card Application ?

Can a person apply in IPO for two accounts,If he has two demat accounts with same PAN card?

If I move to another city , Do I have to apply again for the PAN?

My Photo is printed in PAN card or not ?

In India , Can a NRI apply for PAN card ?

Using my PAN number can I print a duplicate PAN card at home?

How can the status of PAN Card be checked?

Can a person apply for PAN card without Guardian/Parents?

How do I apply for a PAN Card for a minor? The form should be signed by whom? Which photo should be attached to the form, Child or parent?

How can we make a change to the name or date of birth in a PAN card? Is there any cost for the same?