To verify your income tax return, you can view your demat account. Here's how.
You have no choice but to begin looking through your bank accounts for your income tax returns. It is important to remember that it is not enough to file your income tax returns. Before the income tax department can begin processing them, you must also e-verify it.
The IT department offers taxpayers the ability to verify their returns electronically or physically. The virtual method requires that the person filing the return sends the ITR-V signed to the Centralised Processing Center in Bangalore.
These are the four methods you can use to verify your return
- By Aadhar OTP
- By net banking
- You can use your bank account
- By using your demat account
Once an Electronic Verification Code is generated, your return can be verified. To verify the identity of the taxpayer, an electronic verification code (EVC) is a 10-digit alphanumeric combination sent to his registered mobile number.
How do you e-verify your returns using your demat account.
To e-verify your returns with your demat account, you will need to follow a 9-step process. These are the steps:
- Enter gov.in to visit the income tax department website. Log in to your account after that. If you don't have an account, create one and sign up.
- After logging in, you can view your returns/forms.
- A new screen will open. To view the return you want to e-verify, click on the "Click Here to View Your Returns Pending for E-Verification" option.
- The taxpayer will be presented with four options to verify his return. These include generating EVC via net banking, e-filing OTP, or generating EVC via bank account number. To e-verify your return, choose option 4.
- To generate the EVC you must prevalidate your demat bank account. If your demat account has not been prevalidated yet, a screen will open that will allow you to "Prevalidate" your account. This option is available.
- You can choose from either NSDL (or CDSL) depository types. You can enter the information you are looking for, such as Client ID, DP Id, Mobile Number, Email Address, and click on the Prevalidate option.
- A new window will appear stating that you have prevalidated demat account numbers. Click the "Yes" button to continue.
- Your registered mobile number will receive the EVC. Enter the EVC number, and then press submit.
- A new screen will appear with the message "Return successfully verified" and your return is confirmed. You should also download the acknowledgment. You will receive the acknowledgement via email to your registered email address.
This is the easiest way to e-verify your tax return without going through any bureaucratic hoops.