How to Link Adhaar and a Demat account?
Many account holders are confused about how to link Aadhaar and a Demat account online after linking their Aadhar Card. These are the steps to link your Aadhaar Card with your Demat account.
How to link Aadhaar and a Demat account online
Step 1 NSDL Website
Step 2 - Click on the "Click Here to Link Aadhaar Number To Demat Account" button on this page
Step 3 Enter the name and DP ID of your Depository Participant.
Step 4 An OTP will send to your registered email ID and mobile number.
Step 5 - Enter the OTP, and click Proceed
Step 6 Enter your Aadhaar and other details, and click Proceed
Step 7 - An OTP will soon be sent to your registered mobile number with Aadhaar
Step 8 Enter the OTP, and then click Submit
Keep a list of documents handy when linking your Aadhaar Card to your Demat Account
- Aadhaar card
- Name, DP ID, PAN and other details about your Demat account
- To verify the OTP, your registered mobile phone should always be on hand
How to find out if your Aadhaar is linked with your Demat Account
Follow the steps below to quickly verify that your Aadhaar is successfully linked to your Demat account.
- Visit the UIDAI website
- Click on the Check Aadhaar linked account
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile. Please enter it in the OTP field
- All accounts, including the Demat account that is linked to your Aadhaar, will be visible to you.
Benefits of linking your Aadhaar and your Demat Account
- The documentation for Futures and Options Trading is reduced by linking Aadhaar and Demat accounts.
- Easy eKYC approval. All details are authenticated with your Aadhaar Card.
- Accounts in demat that are not linked with Aadhaar cards may be subject to possible deactivation
- Facilitates fraud prevention and easy surveillance for regulators